ON | Enhanced Health
This course takes 2 hours longer than the Core Health. Additional content has been added and more facilitation is provided for this course.
What are some of the topics that are covered in this course?
- Colonization in Canada
- Racism, discrimination, and stereotyping, and their impacts on Indigenous peoples in health care contexts
- Social and structural determinants of health in relation to Indigenous people
- Gaps in health equity for Indigenous people
- Taking action: Enhancing Indigenous Cultural Safety in health care by uprooting Indigenous-specific racism
- Recognizing areas for organizational change
- Speaking up and advocating for social justice for Indigenous people
Who should take this course?
Anyone working in health care work intends to enhance their knowledge, awareness, and skills when working with Indigenous people. Including:
- Clinical service providers (e.g., physicians, surgeons, nurses, midwives, and allied health professionals)
- Leaders and Administrators
- Research staff
This course is introductory and meant to supplement Nation- and region-specific training provided by Indigenous organizations and/or communities.
Anyone who works, studies, or volunteers within the health sector can take Core ICS Health. There are no prerequisites.
Is this course accredited?
The College of Family Physicians of Canada
The online Core Health course meets the accreditation criteria of The College of Family Physicians of Canada.
UBC | CPD
The University of British Columbia Division of Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME) to provide study credits for continuing medical education for physicians. This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program (MOC) of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and has been approved by UBC CPD for up to 10.0 MOC Section 3 Self-Assessment hours (credits are automatically calculated). Each physician should claim only those credits accrued through participation in the activity.
How much does this course cost?
Ontario Enhanced Core Health costs $360 per training seat. Your organization or workplace may have already purchased a seat in this training for you. If not, you can pay for the training seat yourself. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I register?
Please visit our Registraion Page for more information.