BC | Core ICS Justice
What are some of the topics that are covered in this course?
- Colonization in Canada
- Racism, discrimination, and stereotyping, and their impacts on Indigenous peoples in the context of the justice system
- Inequities experienced by Indigenous people across the justice continuum
- Ways that Indigenous people experience marginalization and violence
- Taking action: Enhancing Indigenous Cultural Safety in the justice system
Who should take this course?
Anyone who works in the justice system. This includes:
- And staff who work in law clinics, court houses, sheriff’s office, judiciary, and correctional facilities
This course is introductory and meant to supplement Nation- and region-specific training provided by Regional Health Authorities and/or Indigenous communities.
Anyone who works in the justice sector can take Core Justice. There are no prerequisites.
How much does this course cost?
Core Justice costs $300 per training seat in most regions. Your organization or workplace may have already purchased a seat in this training for you. If not, you can pay for the training seat yourself. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.