BC | Core ICS Child Welfare
What are some of the topics that are covered in this course?
- Colonization in Canada
- Racism, discrimination, and stereotyping, and their impacts on Indigenous peoples in the context of child welfare
- Health and social inequities for Indigenous people and how these are reflected in child welfare
- Protecting cultural connections and supporting positive identity development
- Supporting Indigenous children and youth to counter the impacts of racism
- Taking action: Enhancing Indigenous Cultural Safety in the child welfare system
Who should take this course?
Anyone who works in the child welfare sector. This includes:
- Service providers (e.g., social workers, children and youth workers)
- Research staff, and so forth
This course is introductory and meant to supplement Nation- and region-specific training provided by Regional Health Authorities and/or Indigenous communities.
Anyone who works in the child welfare sector can take Core Child Welfare. There are no prerequisites.
How much does this course cost?
Core ICS Child Welfare is $300 per training seat.